Frequently Asked Questions
Shall people with no ID obtain a non-work certificate from the notary public?
Yes, a non-work acknowledgement may be endorsed for those who have no ID, provided that the authority be specified.
May a penal claim be instituted if there is a statement of indebtedness?
No, but a civil claim may be made instead if there is a statement of indebtedness.
What are the requirements for the endorsement of contracts?
- The contracts shall be typed in Arabic.
- The relevant parties, or their agents shall attend.
- The original ID, and a copy shall be provided.
- An initial approval shall be obtained from the relevant authority.
What are the requirements of a power of attorney?
- The instrument shall be typed in Arabic.
- The relevant parties or their agents shall attend.
- An original ID, and a copy shall be provided.
- Instruments establishing the capacity shall be submitted.
What are the procedures to be followed in commercial agencies?
- The original license and a list of partners, and a copy thereof, shall be provided.
- The articles of association, and its original appendices if any, shall be provided, plus a copy thereof.